Why Should You Transfer The Squarespace Domain To Shopify?
Before you start the process of how to transfer a domain from Squarespace to Shopify, you need to clarify why you should transfer the Squarespace domain to Shopify. Here are the top reasons people transfer their domain from Squarespace to Shopify.
Best eCommerce Platform
The biggest reason why people transfer a domain from Squarespace to Shopify is for e-commerce needs. Squarespace is an online store website platform that allows small businesses to start online.
These businesses use e-commerce as a way to promote and market their business. In comparison to Squarespace, Shopify is the best eCommerce platform for e-commerce businesses. It gives fantastic features to set up your e-commerce online store.
Another reason to transfer the Squarespace domain to Shopify is the better pricing. With great features for e-commerce businesses, Shopify also provides better pricing. It takes only $14 per year to host your domain on the Shopify platform, which is reasonable compared to Squarespace pricing.
You will get better management options for your domain when you transfer a domain. In Shopify, you will have better management options like adjusting domain settings and renewing the domain from the Shopify admin. Such features can be rarely found in other services.
Protection Of Data
Another essential thing people check for choosing the domain hosting service is data protection. Despite domain protection, few registrars leak information about your domain. With Shopify, you will get the complete protection of your data and assurance of your domain security.
Best Customer Support System
After transferring a domain from Squarespace to Shopify, you will get the best customer support system in the industry. You will get full support from the professional team of Shopify during the domain transfer process. In the future, you can contact their team for any further queries and get a fast response.
Things You Should Know When Transferring A Domain From Squarespace To Shopify.
When transferring a domain from Squarespace to Shopify, you should know the following things.
- Your current domain name registrar’s policy supports domain transfer. Please read the policy of your current domain registrar if it allows a domain transfer.
- Shopify will host your domain on its platform with an annual price of $14.
- Your current domain must have been registered more than 60 days ago. If your domain registers less than this period, you can’t transfer the Squarespace domain to Shopify.
- Your server name for the domain will not change when you transfer a domain to Shopify. If you want the same server name, this transfer will benefit you.
- You need to pay a domain registration fee for the next 12 months during the domain transfer process.
A Step By Step Guide On How To Transfer domain from Squarespace To Shopify
Before you start a process on how to transfer a domain from Squarespace to Shopify, you must specify the following things to yourself.
- Firstly, you need to check that you are not using a third-party provider to host your website. Your website must be hosted on Squarespace currently.
- Otherwise, you have to follow different steps to transfer the Squarespace domain to Shopify.
- Secondly, you already have your Shopify account and start your free trial of Shopify.
- Thirdly, you have already confirmed your email in the admin panel. If you haven’t confirmed your email yet, you must first confirm this.
- Lastly, you have already migrated all your data from Squarespace to Shopify.
- If you haven’t migrated all your data to Shopify yet, you must first do this.
Prepare To Transfer Squarespace Domain To Shopify.
In this process, we prepare you for transferring the Squarespace domain to Shopify. Please follow every step shown in this process carefully for a successful process on how to transfer the Squarespace domain to Shopify.
- The first step you need to do is to Login into your Squarespace account. After that, go to the Home>>Settings>>Domains.
- Next, click on the domain you want to transfer to Shopify.
- To unlock your domain, uncheck the “Lock Domain” button. It would help if you unlocked your domain to get the authorization code in this step.
- To get your Authentication code, click on the “Send Authentication Code” option. After clicking on this option, you will receive an email that contains your unique “Authentication Code.”
- Copy the Authentication Code” from your admin contact email.
Read Also: How To Transfer A Domain From WordPress To Wix?
Transfer Your Squarespace Domain To Shopify
Now, you are ready to transfer the Squarespace domain to Shopify. Follow this step-by-step process to start transferring the Squarespace domain to Shopify. This process will guide how to transfer a domain from Squarespace to Shopify after receiving your “Unique Authentication Code” in your admin panel e-mail.
- First of all, click “Online Store” then “Domains” from the Shopify admin panel under the Sales Channels.
- Next, click “Connect existing domain” and then “transfer in your domain” for the domain connecting to Shopify. If you already have your domain connected to Shopify, click on “Transfer domain.”
- In this step, enter the domain you want to transfer.
- Click Next>> Verify domain
- This step will see the “Domain Unlocked” option if your domain is ready to transfer. Now, click “Next” to continue.
- If you see the “Domain Unlocked” option, you need to unlock your domain by following the “Prepare transfer Squarespace domain to Shopify” process mentioned above.
- Enter your unique authentication code in the “Verification Code” box. This code is the unique code you receive in your admin email.
- Now, click “Next”>> “Buy and transfer.”
- In this step, check your email account associated with your Squarespace account. You will receive a link there.
- In the last step, click on the “Approve” domain transfer by clicking the link or button you receive in your email.
- Congratulations, you have successfully transferred your domain from Squarespace to Shopify. The complete transfer process can take some time.
- You will receive a confirmation email from Shopify that your domain transferred successfully.
How Long Does Domain Transfer From Squarespace To Shopify Take?
The total time required for a complete transfer of Squarespace domain to Shopify varies for different service providers. Transferring the Squarespace domain to Shopify can take up to 20 days for a complete transfer. According to Shopify, your domain continues working during the transfer process.
The total time interval for complete domain transfer also depends on the speed Squarespace provides during the transfer process.
This post shows the exact steps needed to transfer the Squarespace domain to Shopify looks like a tricky process when you don’t have a piece of correct information. Whatever be your reason for switching to Shopify, you need to follow the exact steps for a successful domain transfer. This step-by-step guide mentioned above will help you with how to transfer a Squarespace domain to Shopify.
After you complete the process of transferring the Squarespace domain to Shopify, you will need other services for a successful e-commerce online store.
Zone Websites provides the best service in the industry for running a successful Shopify eCommerce store online. Our services include Website Hosting, Domain registration, Digital Marketing, and professional website development to take your business to the next level. To get these services, visit the Zone Websites.