After buying a domain from Wix, it is possible to send it to other hosting services like GoDaddy. GoDaddy is among the best web hosting and domain registering businesses in the USA. It is a large organization, and many users use the website to run their business online. GoDaddy helps make user-friendly I.P. addresses and domain names. With GoDaddy, you get emails and email forwardings for your workspace mails.Also, with ordinary mail accounts, users can receive and send emails from clients. Here is the step-by-step process on how to transfer domain from Wix to GoDaddy.
Transfer A Wix Domain To GoDaddy With These Simple Steps
These are the steps to transfer a domain from Wix to GoDaddy:
- To start, visit the official Godaddy website and log in with your email address and password.
- If you’ve made a Wix website, sign in and navigate to the user panel seen at the top of the page.
- Click to join a domain that you already have and click OK.
- Then select the website you wish to link to the Wix Domain and click on the Next button.
- Type the domain name and use Drop-down Menu to select from where you purchased the website domain.
- Then, select the option Wix for your domain provider, and move it effortlessly to GoDaddy.
After performing all the steps mentioned above, check your email address and return to the previous page to check whether you’ve gotten an email to transfer a domain from Wix to GoDaddy.
You can reach its customer care team for other queries and help. They offer accurate information to transfer domains from Wix to GoDaddy and prompt solutions 24×7.
How To Know Whether Wix Domain Supports GoDaddy Or Not?
We’ve listed a few processes below to know whether your Wix domain is compatible with GoDaddy or not:
- Firstly, visit your Godaddy account. In the top right-hand corner, click the user icon and choose the option “My Products.”
- The user should also choose Manage, which they can find besides domains.
- In the options tab, users can choose to manage DNS. After this, the user should determine whether the Wix website works with the Godaddy account.
- The customer may wish to keep GoDaddy as the registrar for their domain. When the customer should connect a GoDaddy domain name to a premium Wix account, this would undoubtedly be very helpful.
- After completing all the steps and applying the settings, the user must check whether the Wix is compatible with Godaddy to transfer the domain.
With these procedures, users can learn the right way to transfer domains from Wix to GoDaddy. The outlined steps help users to do so. When any user faces any issue while transferring a domain from Wix to GoDaddy, they can reach our technical support team.
Can You Transfer The Domain From Wix To GoDaddy?
The internet offers us new avenues and benefits for transferring domains from Wix to GoDaddy. The internet revolution started as a database search engine, and later it expanded to different services like financial transactions, ordering, quick shopping, etc. Nowadays, people use the internet as a primary means to promote their businesses. They register websites and get better visibility with online advertising. As more websites develop, maintaining a proper database becomes important. Thus, a domain registering company is an entity in charge of the registration, sales, and domain area management.
GoDaddy offers these services:
Change WIX DNS To GoDaddy
If you face any issues while transferring a domain from Wix to GoDaddy, you should call a customer support executive to fix the problem at the earliest. Yet, some problems can form due to this situation, like how to connect the name of your GoDaddy domain to your Wix website. If you are also facing the same issue, you should follow these tips to fix the problem quickly:
- Go to GoDaddy.com and log in to your account.
- Select My Products from the user profile icon in the top right-hand corner.
- The user should choose Manage from the drop-down menu besides Domains.
- After that, the user should choose the settings tab and select Manage DNS.
- Then also, be sure that the user clicks on the Change button under the Nameserver.
- Select the option Custom from the drop-down menu and input Wix Nameservers.
- Once more, click on the Save button to complete the process.
Transfer Domain From Wix
- Select the Domains page.
- Choose the icon Show More besides the relevant domain and choose the option Transfer-Away from Wix.
- Now click on Transfer Domain
- Click on I Still Want to Transfer
- After clicking on I Still Wish to Transfer, Wix sends a code for the transfer authorization (EPP) to the domain’s registered email address.
- After getting the code, follow instructions from the new domain provider for transferring your domain.
- The transfer can get completed in just seven days.
According to ICANN rules:
- Domain owners cannot transfer any domain before 60 days of buying.
- Editing the contact information of the registered person can lock your domain transfer process for 60 days.
- After transferring the domain, you can’t move it again for 60 days.
Some Important Things To Know About The Process
Wix doesn’t track your transfer status after it starts to transfer a domain from Wix to GoDaddy. To get any update on the transfer, you should contact the receiving domain registrar.
If you’re transferring to Network Solutions, you should know that you’re about to transfer a domain from Wix to GoDaddy. They have a form that you must fill up.
You need to request to transfer a domain from Wix to GoDaddy with .co.uk.
There is no special export tool to transfer domains from Wix to GoDaddy. You have to do it by following the processes mentioned above. With Wix domain manager, you get plenty of other options besides domain shifting. The process to transfer a domain from Wix to GoDaddy generally takes around 1 to 2 weeks.
Zone websites make transferring the domain and hosting very simple, and you can get a developed functional website in no time. Expert Zone Websites’ developers ensure that you’re ready to create a professional-looking website. We have many reasonable hosting plans. For any further queries about web development, you can reach our experts 24×7 as we strive to offer you the best.