If you want to learn how to transfer a domain from GoDaddy to DreamHost, then you are at the right place. There is an easy process of transferring a domain from GoDaddy to DreamHost, which you need to follow. Many people get rid of the expensive and poor services of GoDaddy, which makes them transfer their domain to another service. Transferring a domain to another registrar is common and worth your money. Newbies’ biggest problem is the lack of knowledge about the transfer process. This guide will teach you the domain transfer process from GoDaddy to DreamHost.
Why Should You Transfer Your Domain To DreamHost?
Once you are ready to transfer the domain to Dreamhost, it’s important to know about Dreamhost. The whole process of how to transfer the domain to DreamHost requires a better understanding of both platforms. Here is a quick review of DreamHost for your domain transfer:
- DreamHost is a hosting platform that can integrate with popular website builders like WordPress, Wix, and Weebly. It has unlimited bandwidth, disk space, and a 97-day money-back guarantee.
- With a DreamHost, you will receive the support of live chat, mail, knowledge base, and forums. It also offers various hosting plans, which include the shared plan, cloud, WordPress, VPS, and dedicated DreamHost servers.
- The DreamHost also allows you to transfer your WordPress site for free. The Plan DreamHost starts from $2.59 per month and renews at $5.99 per month. Other features which give it an extra edge over GoDaddy are Month-to-month service and features of cancel anytime.
- The best part of DreamHost is that it gives extensive security features at the basic plan. You will get a free domain name, SSL certificate, and unlimited storage and bandwidth in your basic plan. It also allows you to try the plan for 97 days longer than GoDaddy. If you are unsatisfied with their plan, you can cancel it anytime.
How To Transfer Domain From GoDaddy To DreamHost In Simple Steps?
The whole process of how to transfer a domain from GoDaddy to DreamHost involves a series of steps. You must have access to both your accounts to complete this process. Follow the steps mentioned below to transfer the domain to DreamHost:
1- Verify The Eligibility Of Your Domain
The first important step in the process of how to transfer a domain from GoDaddy to DreamHost is verifying domain eligibility. To check the eligibility of your GoDaddy domain, follow these steps:
- Log in to your GoDaddy account by using your username and password.
- Click on the Domains section on the left-hand side of the GoDaddy dashboard.
- In the next step, check the Eligibility period of your domain. According to the ICANN, the domain’s eligibility should be at least 60 days from the current date. If the initial registration time of your domain is less than 60 days, then the process of transferring the domain to DreamHost will not proceed.
- Another thing to check in domain eligibility is the holding process. If your domain is on hold by your current domain registrar company( GoDaddy, in your case), then you can’t transfer a domain from GoDaddy to DreamHost.
2- Unlock Your Domain For Transfer
It is an essential step in the process of how to transfer a domain from GoDaddy to DreamHost. To unlock your domain for transfer, follow the step mentioned below:
- First of all, log in to your GoDaddy account. Now, click on the Domains> Manage domain from the dashboard.
- Now, navigate to the My Products tab and click on the Domain name you wish to transfer.
- To unlock your domain name, go to the Additional settings and click on Unlock domain button.
- Next, Checkmark the box to confirm the unlock domain process. Click on the Continue button. It would help if you unlocked the domain before proceeding to the next step of how to transfer a domain from GoDaddy to DreamHost.
3- Request The Authorization Code
In this step of how to transfer a domain from GoDaddy to DreamHost, you need to request an Authorization code from GoDaddy.
- The Authorization code is also known as EPP. It is a crucial step in which you request the authorization code from your current domain registrar.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account. Go to Domains> My Products> Domain name.
- Click on the Manage button in the front of your domain name. It is the domain you wish to transfer from GoDaddy to DreamHost.
- Now, navigate to the Additional settings and click on the Get Authorization code button. You will receive the authorization code at your registered email address.
4- Create New Account With DreamHost
Once you get the authorization code from GoDaddy, the next step is Signup with DreamHost. To create a new account, follow these steps:
- Go to the Signup page of DreamHost. Now decide the hosting plan you want for yourself on the hosting plan page. Once you decide on the hosting plan, click the Sign Up now button.
- Please fill up all the details and select the I already have a domain option to add your current domain to your Dreamhost account.
- Complete the signup process and check your hosting plan.
5- Enter The Authorization Code
Remember, you received an Authorization code from GoDaddy in your email. It’s time to use that authorization code to proceed with how to transfer a domain from GoDaddy to DreamHost.
- First of all, log in to your Dream Host account. Go to the Domains option on the left-hand side of the dashboard.
- Now, enter the Domain name in the given field and select the Transfer option from the screen.
- After entering your domain name, click on the Transfer button. You will receive a pop-up screen to verify this domain name for the process of how to transfer a domain from GoDaddy to DreamHost.
- Enter the Authorization code you receive from GoDaddy in your admin’s email.
6- Update The Name Servers Of The Domain
- You need to update the nameserver to your DreamHost account in the next step. To change the name servers, click on the Update name server option.
- You can request the new nameservers by contacting the DreamHost support team.
- Now, assign your domain name to proceed with the process of how to transfer the domain to Dreamhost. For this, go to the Domains> Assign domain section.
- Select the Use a domain option from the given options. Choose the Addon directory> Subdomain. In the end, click on Assign this domain button.
7- Complete Domain Transfer Process
- After assigning your domain to Dreamhost, complete the transfer process. Click on the Add to cart button after reviewing your domain details.
- Proceed with the checkout process for your domain transfer order. Once you submit the transfer request, the domain transfer process from GoDaddy to DreamHost is initiated. You will receive the pending status in your Namecheap account. You will be notified once the transfer process is done, which may take up to 48 hours.
Transferring the domain from GoDaddy to DreamHost requires knowledge of the required steps. Many things attract users to DreamHost company. It offers a fair price plan, security, and advanced features. A simple process of how to transfer a domain from GoDaddy to DreamHost is shown above in the post. We hope you will find this step-by-step guide helpful.
You can also take our assistance throughout the domain transfer process. We have certified experts with great domain knowledge and hosting transfer processes. Our business-oriented digital services offer an extra edge in a competitive world. To explore our services, visit Zone Websites now.
How Long Can Domain Transfer Take?
The process of how to transfer a domain from GoDaddy to DreamHost can take up to 5-7days. The transfer process also depends on the speed of your current and new hosting provider.
What If My Domain Has Expired?
You can still transfer your domain to DreamHost if your domain has expired. You will need to renew it with your current domain registrar and start the domain transfer process.
Can I Transfer My Domain To Dreamhost Free Of Cost?
No, you can’t transfer your current domain to DreamHost free of cost. Most domain registrars charge a transfer fee at the time of domain renewal.