- You are looking to transfer email hosting provider
- Fed up from the poor services of your current email hosting provider
- Looking for a new email service provider
We will show you an actionable approach to changing your email hosting provider.
What Is An Email Hosting Provider?
Email hosting provider is the company that hosts the email addresses on their servers. These companies provide email services to the people on their registered domain names. The brands have used a business email to communicate with the customers. In many cases, web hosting provides these services in their package. You can easily change your email hosting provider whenever you want.
Reasons Why People Change Email Hosting Providers
Most people decide to change email hosting providers due to common issues. Not all email service providers fulfill every expectation. Here are the common reasons for changing email hosting providers:
Slow Email Service
One of the common reasons why people change their email hosting provider is slow service. The business faces a slow speed during communication. Most of the hosting provider servers work at an average speed. These service providers store the email address in more quantities than their capacity.
Due to this, businesses face weak internet links during communication. The infrastructure of the email server decides the speed of your emails. Any inconvenience can result in unsuccessful email campaigns. The communication speed also depends on email servers’ storage capacity. Email hosting providers with lower storage capacity usually make people change their email service provider.
Bad Customer Service
Another reason why people change an email hosting provider is bad customer service. When people face the issue in the service, they receive little or no support from the email service provider. Due to this, small issues will turn into bigger problems.
One of the major issues is the slow speed of the email servers. As people don’t get assistance from the customer support team, they have no option other than switching to another service provider.
The expensive plan makes people change an email hosting provider. This problem arises during the plan renewal time. The email service provider raises the hosting plan’s price. The amount of the same plan is almost double at the renewal’s time.
Due to the sudden hike in price, people are looking for another email hosting provider. The price is the major issue in switching email hosting.
Looking For More Benefits
The new features and benefits make people change their email hosting provider. Every business or individual wants to keep up with the latest trend. The email provider which provides the advanced features attracts more hosting owners. The features like high SSD storage, IMAP, and 24/7 customer support is the main reason for switching to the new email hosting service.
Weak data security is a serious issue people face in email hosting. Every person is concerned about their data while using any service. The lack of security from the current hosting provider makes people change their email hosting provider. People tend to look for the security certificate provided by the email hosting provider.
An Actionable Guide To Changing Email Hosting Provider
The whole process of changing the email hosting provider contains a series of steps. You don’t need technical knowledge to transfer your email hosting. Just follow this step-by-step process carefully.
Step 1: Sign Up For A New Hosting Provider
The first step in the process is to set up your new account on the hosting provider. During this process, you need to set up your domain on a new hosting provider. We hope you have already decided on a new email hosting provider for hosting your emails.
- First of all, Log in to your new hosting account. From the cPanel dashboard, select the Domains option.
- In the next step, click on the Create a new domain button. You will get this button in the bottom right of your screen.
- Now, you will be redirected to the new screen. Here, fill out Your domain name, Document root in the specified fields. The document root is the new directory name for the file’s location.
- After entering all the details, click on the Submit button. After this process, the new server is ready for your domain’s information.
Step 2: Create An Email Address
The next step in changing the email hosting provider is to create an email address. You need to create an identical email address on the new hosting platform. For creating an email address, follow these steps:
- Go back to the cPanel dashboard. Now, click on the Email accounts option.
- In the next step, click on the + Create button.
- After that, follow the previous step, and you will see the form on your screen. Select the Recent domain name you added. Enter the email address User name, which is the part that comes before the “@” sign. Enter the Password and select storage space to Unlimited.
- Now, click on the + Create button. After this, you will see your email address below on the screen. Now you have the same email address registered on two email hosting providers.
Step 3: Redirect Your Current Domain Name
Once you complete the above steps, it’s time to redirect your domain name. It is an important step to change the email hosting provider. You will redirect your emails to a new hosting provider during this process.
- Go to your Email hosting provider, and find out their MX addresses. MX records are simple records that specify the current email server.
- If you face difficulty in finding the MX records, you can contact the support team. Please find the MX addresses, and set them in your current registrar.
- Now, log in to your domain account. Go to the cPanel dashboard and click on the DNS option.
- In the next step, click on the Add button. You will receive this option on the bottom right of the screen.
- Select the MX option from the Type drop-down menu on the next screen.
- Fill out all the required fields on the screen and click on the Save option. After approving the changes, your email domain name will redirect successfully.
Step 4: Configure A New Email Hosting Provider
To successfully change the email hosting provider, you need to configure a new provider. In this step, we will configure our new email address in email tools.
- Login to your new hosting cPanel and click on the Email Accounts option.
- In the next step, click on the Connect devices option. On the next screen, you will see all the information required to configure this email address in the tool.
- Select the options according to your needs. The options like Auto config files and Raw config files can be used to configure the email address in any tool.
- The process can take up to 48 hours for successful email configuration on the tool.
Step 5: Delete The Old Email Configuration
The last step is to delete the old email configuration from your email tool. You must follow this step to change the email hosting provider successfully.
- After 3-4 days, you can delete your old email configuration from your email tool.
- Now, Cancel your old email server. Congratulations, you have been successfully changing your email hosting provider.
The step-by-step guide above showed an actionable approach to changing an email hosting provider. It is easy to switch to a new email hosting service with the right information. We hope you will find this guide helpful.
Zone Websites provide a professional email hosting service worldwide. We have a fast server that provides lightning speed to customers. Our 24/7 customer support assists you in case of any query. For professional email hosting, contact us now.
Can I Change Email Hosting Provider Anytime?
You can change your email hosting provider by following a simple process.
- Sign up with a new hosting provider.
- Configure your domain name.
- Create an exact email address on the new mail server.
Do I Lose My Emails During The Email Hosting Transfer Process?
When changing the email hosting provider, your email will be stored on your domain server. Your emails will not lose in any case. And you can easily transfer your current email to the new hosting server.
How Long Does The Email Hosting Transfer Process Take?
It takes up to 48 hours for a successful email hosting transfer. The total time depends on the speed of your current email hosting provider. The confirmation email will be sent to your registered email address after successful transfer.